We here at RDIbizdev have diligently constructed a list of 5 ways to avoid writing lists as a tool to drive internet traffic. The results are as follows:
- Think of something else to write. Don’t write a list. Write a story. Write a blog entry about your interests. No interests? Go outside of your residence and explore whatever is out there and report on it. Call a friend and talk to them. Write about what you talked about. Do something now, right now, but come back and finish reading this later. Write about what you just did. Embellish if you must. Do not write a list.
- Think in a prosaic form. Write a piece with a beginning, middle or end like a story or a movie. Think of a course of language that does not include numerical points as an outline. Feel free to ramble. It be nice to see anything that isn’t a list.
- Think in a poetic form. Write a piece that rhymes or has truncated sentences or doesn’t make much sense and has illogical punctuation. It can not be guaranteed that anyone would ever want to read it but it will not be a list.
- Read 5 click bait lists on the net and take one point from each. Then concoct some way to expand on them so that they create a cohesive rational article. This is very challenging. But don’t quit. The effort is part of the satisfaction. Here’s some inspiration from Vince Lomabardi: “…I firmly believe that a man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
- Call a prospect or client. This might not drive traffic to your site but you might keep a good customer happy or create a new one. Either is more valuable than another click list out there somewhere in cyberspace.
The above are just some suggestions. You may think of some more productive ones, but these might get you started in a direction, some direction if not the right one. It is commonly believed that any traffic to content which includes your key search terms will improve your SEO. No reason to not have a little fun though. Enjoy!